AmCham Guyana Business Pitch Competition
Welcome to the AmCham Guyana Business Pitch Competition! Through the generous support and collaboration of the United States Embassy in Georgetown, AmCham Guyana welcomes young entrepreneurs between the ages of 21-35 to enter its inaugural “Shark Tank” Business Pitch Competition. The competition aims to provide a platform to introduce and foster a culture of innovation in business, strengthen capacity of young entrepreneurs, and to reinforce AmCham and the U.S Embassy’s commitment to helping innovative youth to increase their competitiveness and turn their ideas into commercial products and/or services.
Step 1: Submit your Application
To participate in this competition, applicants are required to complete the AmCham Guyana Shark Tank Competition Application and submit a 30-60 second video of their business pitch, no later than 31st August, 2022
- Submissions may be entered as individuals or teams.
- The maximum number of team members for a single pitch is limited to 5 persons.
- Each individual or team may enter only one idea or concept.
- All applicants must be between the ages of 21 – 35.
- There is no entry fee to become a participant for this competition.
- The participant(s) must be a Citizen of Guyana.
- All contestants must be available to present their business pitch in person at the Guyana Marriott Hotel in September, 2022.
- Applicants must demonstrate an ability to move the proposed plan to completion, showing how the prize can accelerate any step along the path to market.
- Businesses with existing professional venture investment are not eligible.
- Non-profit organizations are not eligible.
First Prize: One (1) first-prize winner will receive US$5,000
Second Prize: One (1) second-prize winner will receive US$2,000
Third Prize: One (1) third-prize winner will receive US$1,000
31st August, 2022: All submissions, both the Shark Tank Competition Application and Business Pitch Video, must be completed and submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org before 11:59PM. Late submissions will not be accepted.
31st August, 2022: The top ten concept submissions, as decided by the judges, will be announced by email to all registered participants.
September: The finalists will present their business pitch on stage at the Guyana Marriott Hotel, to the panel of judges (a.k.a. “Sharks”) and their fellow applicants. The first, second and third place winners will then be announced on stage, at which time, the prizes will be awarded.